Cookie Statement EURAXESS Switzerland
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
A visit to the EURAXESS Switzerland website may generate the following types of cookie:
- Cookies to provide functionality
- SESS[Unique ID]:This cookie allows logging in and remembering which contact forms you have submitted. This cookie is essential for site functionality and the user experience.
- Drupal.tableDrag.showWeight, has_js: Our Content Management System, Drupal sets these cookies to store user interface preferences.
- Analytics cookies
- _ga, _gat: These cookies are set by the web analytics service Google Analytics
- Third-party cookies
- Some website pages use third party services or software, such as maps, online videos or social networking features. Many of these services may set cookies on your device and we do not control their operation.
- _fbp [x2]: Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
- Session: Identifies a visitor's session. Used to register data about the visitor's behavior on the website for statistical purposes.
- _utma: Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics.
- _utmb: Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.
- _utmc: Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.
- _utmt: Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.
- _utmz: Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.
Disclaimer Google Analytics
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
Our pages integrate plugins from the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the "Like" button on our site. You can find an overview of the Facebook plugins under: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
We also use the chat feature of Facebook Messenger. By using chat, you are automatically using the services of Facebook Messenger. This is where data is transferred that is used to function the chat and for documentation and mapping. The collected data includes the chat history, all user data to which Facebook Messenger has access based on the data from Facebook, the IP address at the time of the chat and the country of origin. All messages may be stored on foreign servers, especially servers from the USA. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you exactly which data will be transmitted.
If you do not want Facebook to be able to associate your visit to our pages with your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
We use the LinkedIn Insight conversion tool provided by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, which allows us to obtain information about your use of our website and to display advertising content on other websites that is tailored to your interests. To do this, a 120-day cookie is set in your browser that allows LinkedIn to recognize you when you visit a website. LinkedIN uses this information to provide us with anonymous reports of advertising activity and information about how you interact with our site.
You can disable the LinkedIN Insight Conversion Tool and interest-based advertising by opting out at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
If you are a LinkedIN member, click on the "Reject LinkedIn" field. Other visitors click on "Reject".
How to control cookies
Most browsers will allow you to control whether or not they accept cookies. Instructions for configuring cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers are available from these pages:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.